The "Home Study Program" is for the North Carolina CNA (certified nursing assistant one) and includes the textbook, workbook, NC skills guidebook, the application for the state exam, the folder with a practice final exam and answer key and the skills DVD. This includes everything you will need to do the home study program and take the North Carolina nurse aide one exam. You will pay your own state exam fee of $101.00 when you mail in the application to the state to take the exam. The application and testing sites are located in your package. There are over 40 testing locations available to you. The state exam begins at 8:00am, do not be late! You will receive more information with the testing address, directions, time, etc. when the state processes your application with payment. This will be mailed to you on a "yellow postcard".
You MUST have a current photo ID with signature on it and your social security card with you to take the NC state cna exam. If you do not have both, they send you home with no refund!
This does not include any full training, tutoring or skills classes. This is the "Home Study Program", which means you will be doing it all at home, by yourself. You will have to take the NC nurse aide one exam and after passing both sections, the written and the skills, you will be placed on the NC nurse aide registry, as a CNA. http://www.ncnar.org/ The list of cities and locations the state exam is offered is included in the package.
FAQ Page regarding the CNA "Home Study Program" -
1. How long will it take me to complete the home study program? Obviously, this will depend on you! It may take a person one week, another person two weeks and another person two months. It depends on how much time you devote to it. It also depends on your background and your education level. The average is at least three weeks.
2. When can I take my state exam? Again, this will depend on you! You can take it immediately, in two weeks, in a month. When you feel you have mastered the material and the skills, you are the one who signs up, pays the $101.00 state exam fee and registers for the state exam. It takes a minimum of 16 days to schedule a state exam for CNA in North Carolina.
3. Do I attend a class with the program? No, the home study program, is you, yourself reading the material and completing the program at home. You do NOT come to a class.
4. Do you take partial payments? No. I have in the past and never received the other payment from individuals. You must pay in full to receive the materials and books. I also will not accept personal checks. They will be mailed back to you.
5. What is the cost to take the state exam for the first time? $101.00 This includes the written and the skills state test.
6. Will I be able to take the state exam after completing the home study program? Yes.
7. Do I have to pay shipping for the package to be mailed to me? No. It is included with the price and is shipped USPS priority mail with a tracking number.
9. If I want the purchase the CNA Home Study Program and the CNA skills DVD, what is the final cost? $150.00 if paying by money order or $150.00 if paying through Paypal. It includes free shipping via USPS priority mail with a tracking number.
10. What is the passing rate on the NC state exam for students who purchased the CNA home study program and skills DVD? 99.5% from those who emailed / called me with their results.
11. I do not live in North Carolina. Can I use this program for my state's CNA? No, this is only for the NC state exam. If you live in another state, email me and I can see if I have that one available for you.
12. I live in another state, but am moving to North Carolina. Can I receive this material now to start and then when I arrive in North Carolina, go and take the state exam? Yes. Many people do this. I definitely recommend coming to a "Skills Only" class when you arrive to NC and / or purchasing the skills DVD. The skills are the harder of the two portions of the state exam.
13. Do you offer discounts if buying the home study programs or DVD's in bulk? Yes, if purchasing more then 6 sets at one time, you will receive a discounted rate. Contact me regarding your home care companies or facilities individual needs. Please, do not duplicate my materials.
14. Do you have the "CNA home study" available in Spanish? Yes, but you must state you want it in Spanish, or the English version will be mailed to you.
16. I was told I needed clinical hours to take the state exam. Do I need clinical hours to take the state exam? No, you do not in North Carolina. Everything is included in the CNA home study package to take the NC state exam.
17. Where do I hand in the completed home study materials? You do not have to. The answer keys are provided and you check your own work. The final outcome is the state exam. You must pass the state exam in North Carolina to be listed on the registry as a CNA. This is two parts, written and skills (practical part). You have three chances to pass both sections of the state exam in a two year time period.
18. Do you offer used books? No, I do not.
19. Where will I take the state exam? There are 40 regional testing sites all throughout North Carolina. I don't know where you live, but a sample of testing locations are Charlotte, Raleigh, Wilmington, Greensboro, Shelby, Concord, Durham, etc.
20. Do you have the FLORIDA home study available? Yes. Just notify me in advance that you want the Florida one. The skills are different then NC and I want to include the correct skills checklists with it. New Mexico is available also.
21. What states do NOT accept a home study CNA course or a Fast Track CNA class? Wisconsin, Georgia, Virginia, South Carolina, Texas, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Deleware, Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Nevada, Oklahoma, New York.
For the states listed above in number 21 - you can use a home study IF you meet one of these requirements... Are a current nursing student with proof, OR are a LPN, LVN, RN, OR a nursing graduate student, OR was a CNA in another state OR have a inactive or lapsed CNA license.
NO materials, papers, or worksheets in the home study can be duplicated without the prior written consent of Danielle Hossler, RN.
The skills DVD is copyrighted and can't be duplicated without committing a crime!
Thank you. Questions, read the FAQ page on this website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org